Personal Project Course
Upcoming in Vancouver AGAIN! January – June 2019
A course designed to help singles in their 20’s and early 30’s plan and live rich, productive lives, whether it be in their career, their relationships, or their future marriage.
The topics will be discussed using the case-study method (pioneered by Harvard Business School). This provides a practical and objective framework with which to approach your personal and professsional lives.
The program was a great opportunity to connect and have meaningful discussions with other young professionals. The facilitators (moderators) are prepared and engaging, and I ended up making a number of new friends. Highly recommended. ~ 2018 Participant
There are 7 case studies in the course and are facilitated by trained moderators.
These General Sessions are on Sundays, 3:30-5:30pm
Venue: Bonsor Recreation Centre, Burnaby
- Intro/Life as a Personal Project
- Work-Life Balance*
- Dating and Marriage*
- Married Love*
- Communication Techniques*
- Be Better to Love Better*
- Freedom and Responsibility*
The moderator was engaging and used practical examples and not just abstract information. He invited participation but did not pick on people which made it a safe, inviting space, particularly for introverts like me! ~ 2018 Participant
There are also Small Group Discussions (6 sessions):
* These case studies have an additional meetings to take place prior to the session date. At the small group meetings you will study and discuss the upcoming case. The small group meeting dates will be determined by the Team Leaders for that group. Meetings can be held in a coffee shop, pub, condo common room or private homes.
Thank you for a great, lively discussion. You are very attentive to your audience and encouraging as well. ~ 2018 Participant
WHAT IS THE LEARNING METHOD?
This course uses the case study method with the following steps for each case:
1. Individually each participant reads the case study.
2. Participants meet in a small group team to discuss the case study.
3. All course participants meet in moderated general sessions to discuss the case study.
For each step of the process the focus is on the the following:
- The FACTS of the case: Who? What? Where? When?
- The PROBLEM in the case: Why?
- The SOLUTIONS to the case: How?
I enjoyed the fact finding. Very useful and insightful. I can relate and helped me reflect my own life. Thank you! ~ 2018 Participant
Includes refreshments, course manual and free parking.
Payment in installments via cheque or credit card is also possible. Please inquire for details.
For questions please contact:
For more information about IFFD courses in Canada visit: www.familydevelopment.ca
For more information about IFFD visit: http://iffd.org
Harvard video on “Inside the Case Method”: http://www.hbs.edu/teaching/