Personal Project Course
Upcoming in Vancouver 2018: January 14, 2018- June 10, 2018
A course designed to help singles in their 20’s and early 30’s plan and live rich, productive lives, whether it be in their career, their relationships, or their future marriage.
The topics will be discussed using the case-study method (pioneered by Harvard Business School). This provides a practical and objective framework with which to approach your personal and professsional lives.
The course involves the following 7 case study topics:
Jan 14 – Intro/Life as a Personal Project
Feb 4 – Work-Life Balance*
Mar 4 – Dating and Marriage*
Apr 8 – Married Love*
Apr 29 – Communication Techniques*
May 27 – Be Better to Love Better*
June 10 – Freedom and Responsibility*
General Sessions are on Sundays, from 5:00-7:30pm. These sessions are facilitated by trained moderators.
Please note: May 27 & June 10 General Sessions are held at Bonsor Community Centre in Burnaby.
There are also Small Group Discussions (6 sessions):
* These case studies have an additional meetings to take place prior to the session date. At the small group meetings you will study and discuss the upcoming case. The small group meeting dates will be determined by the Team Leaders for that group. Meetings can be held in a coffee shop, pub, condo common room or private homes.
WHAT IS THE LEARNING METHOD?
This course uses the case study method with the following steps for each case:
1. Individually each participant reads the case study.
2. Participants meet in a small group team to discuss the case study.
3. All course participants meet in moderated general sessions to discuss the case study.
For each step of the process the focus is on the the following:
- The FACTS of the case: Who? What? Where? When?
- The PROBLEM in the case: Why?
- The SOLUTIONS to the case: How?
Includes a light dinner/refreshments, course manual and free parking.
Payment in installments via cheque or credit card is also possible. Please inquire for details.
For questions please contact:
For more information about IFFD courses in Canada visit: www.familydevelopment.ca
For more information about IFFD visit: http://iffd.org
Harvard video on “Inside the Case Method”: http://www.hbs.edu/teaching/